10 Traits To Look For In A Partner For Healthy Relationship
We all have created in our mind an ideal image of how our partner should look like. Handsome and romantic or beautiful and sensitive. Well, these are only the physical traits, for a healthy relationship that adds to you and your partner’s well-being and life, qualities like kindness, understanding, respect, communication, and shared interest are important.
Here are some of the important traits to look for in a partner for a healthy and long-lasting relationship.
- Emotional Maturity and Understanding: Every person has an emotional side and flaws. Some are highly emotional, while others are not. Emotional maturity is when a person in a relationship reflects on the past and evolves in the present. And doesn’t carry past emotional baggage. Such a person is said to be emotionally mature. Also, the emotionally mature person understands another person’s emotions better.
- Openness: Along with emotional maturity, openness is important. The partner should always be open to hearing what the other has to say along with accepting suggestions. Partners should also be willing to change their self-limiting behaviours. Open and honest communication is the key to building trust and long-lasting relationships. When a partner puts up a wall and says “ I am unwilling to change or listen to you” there is little to no room for growth as a couple. It’s rather a toxic trait. Make a workable relationship.
- Respect and Sensitivity: Never compromise on this one. If your partner lacks respect towards it, you surely don’t deserve him or her. When a partner respects you, you feel more secure and comfortable in his or her presence. Respect has to be earned. It is mutual. In addition to respect, sensitivity to one’s needs, attitudes, and behaviour is a must. When your partner takes care of things that you are sensitive about, a sense arises that you can spend the life with him or her.
- Affection: Affection can be expressed in many ways– physically, emotionally, and verbally. Some partners are more expressive with feelings while others are reserved. Giving and receiving affection will help you and your partner to forge a strong relationship. You can also show affection through tokens. Shop and send online gifts for men or women to convey your feelings.
- Sense of Humor: Most partners in relationships overlook this trait. But it is important. A good sense of humour can be a lifesaver in a relationship. Couples who are playful and teasing confront volatile situations with their humour. Sense of humour also teases the tensions between the couple in relationships.
- Independent: Of course, a relationship is a union of two people. But, forgoing your independent identity is a big no. Do not let go of independent attraction to each other. And, also in the process, do not lose your independent goals, ambitions, and personality. Give time to your independent self as well.
- Empathy: The perfect partner perceives his or her partner at an emotional, intellectual, and intuitive level. This person can do both, understand and empathize with his or her partner. Sympathy is not needed, but empathy is in relationships. Empathic partners communicate and take into consideration each other’s needs, wants, attitudes, values. Empathy helps to attune partners. If not verbally, you can show your empathy through gifts and tokens. All you need to do is order online, and make a gift delivery in Bangalore or any place he or she resides.
Look for these traits in your partner and build a strong, healthy, beautiful relationship.