Sydney, the economic centre of Australia, has more small businesses than medium to large businesses. If Sydney is a good representation of the entire Australian continent, then small businesses in Sydney accounts for 97 per cent of the city’s businesses by employee size. This number means that there are a lot of small businesses competing within the same industry.
One way for businesses to successfully market their product is by hiring a content marketing agency in Sydney. However, content marketing does not directly ask customers to purchase products or services. Instead, content marketing provides highly useful content that is aimed at solving customer problems. The main premise of content marketing is that when your content helps users find solutions to their problems, these users will develop a connection with your company and eventually become loyal customers.
Ten Tips in Creating an Effective Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing will benefit your company. However, you should know how to create an effective content marketing strategy. Here are some best practices to follow in developing your content marketing.
- Get an intimate understanding of what your audience needs so that you can focus your content that addresses your audience’s needs. A content marketing agency in Sydney will have the necessary tools to analyse who your target audience is and what these audiences are searching for.
- Create content that answers the questions of your target audience. Remember that every buying process starts with a search. You can narrow down your audience by focusing on long-tailed keyword searches and become the brand that provides solutions.
- Document all your content marketing efforts. Companies that document their content marketing efforts are 313 percent more likely to succeed than companies that do not. Documentation will also let you know the strategies that work and the strategies that need to be revised.
- Publish quality content regularly. You do not need to blog every day to have an effective content marketing strategy. Most small businesses do not have in-house staff that can create and distribute quality content daily. However, you must publish relevant content every so often to keep your customers wanting to go back to your webpage.
- Allocate a realistic amount of time for content marketing. Writing content may take a lot of time away from other important aspects of the business, such as product development and outbound marketing. If you do not have the time to create and distribute your content, you can outsource this process to a trusted content marketing agency in Sydney.
- Produce timeless content. When creating content, it is best to make it independent of time. For example, do not create content relevant only during the COVID-19 pandemic since this content will no longer be relevant once the pandemic is over. Instead, create evergreen content that you can still be useful even after several years.
- Repurpose your content. One effective way of marketing content is to repurpose your existing content across different platforms. For example, you can repurpose your blog post into different media forms such as infographics, videos, or podcasts. You can then share these repurposed contents on different social media platforms such as YouTube or Facebook.
- Make sure to place all your content on your website. While you may share different content on different platforms, your website must also have copies of your shared content.
- Build your email list. Create action buttons that will collect contact information on users that find your content helpful. If you have highly useful and reliable content, you will not have trouble asking users to subscribe to your website to be updated on further content.
- Be patient. Content marketing is a long-term strategy to grow your business. You may not get immediate results in terms of product sales from content marketing. However, the relationships that you build with users will grow your business in the future.
Outsourcing to a content marketing agency in Sydney will ensure that you are implementing a good content marketing strategy and other marketing strategies to keep your business growing.