Windows Laptop Versus MacBook: The Advantages
Recently your author asked himself the same questions. Because I’ve also looked at Apple laptops before. But until now it was mainly the price of an Apple laptop that stopped me from buying one.
I have often wondered why Windows laptop manufacturers never really succeeded in making something that looked at least as good and was of the same quality as an Apple. Because they are beautiful, those MacBooks. And they feel that you will enjoy it for a long time.
Despite that, the choice always fell on a Windows laptop. Because the appearance and quality of most Windows laptops are fine. You also quickly get used to a new version of Windows.
Rent a powerful Apple computer? Rent a computer (Translate to Dutch: computer huren) at Flex IT rent!
In other words: as a consumer, I often choose convenience, security, and something I already know.
Not this time, however. Because this time, while choosing a new laptop, I got into a conversation with a salesman who turned out to be an enthusiastic user of the MacBook.
And so I let him teach me about the advantages a MacBook has over a Windows laptop, and also about what justifies the additional cost of an Apple laptop.
What could justify the additional cost of an Apple laptop such as a MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air is:
- Tasteful design.
- Ease of use.
- Enjoyment of use.
- No additional software required to work with it.
- Viruses and other malicious software are hardly a threat.
- Reduced risk of problems
- Intuitive user interface.
- Long battery life.
- Long lifespan.
- The high residual value of used Apple equipment.
You can argue about taste, but there won’t be many people who don’t like the devices that Apple makes. But of course, you don’t buy a laptop because it just happens to look nice. The main thing is that the laptop is suitable for your use.
Laptop vs MacBook: The Cons
Many consumers consider the high purchase price of an Apple laptop a disadvantage. But that is certainly not the only disadvantage of, for example, the MacBook Pro. Rent a MacBook (Translated to Dutch: macbook huren Flexitrent) at Flex IT Rent and try it Apple MacBook for a week!
Other drawbacks are:
- Collaboration with Windows laptops and PCs is often not easy.
- As the owner of a MacBook, you must be self-reliant.
- Parts and upgrades for a MacBook are expensive.
- Files created on a MacBook cannot simply be exchanged with a Windows PC.
- In short, if you want to make your MacBook work with Windows laptops, Windows PCs, and Windows networks, be prepared for possible setbacks.