Top 10 Beautiful Leeds Travel Guide In 2020
Leeds is an essential city in Yorkshire, which houses prestigious art galleries and historic homes. It is also the home for a variety of recreational and sports activities, such as golf. The city is not only one of the world’s industrial hubs but also a great tourist destination that could offer fun for the entire family. Being an agricultural center, it was during the Tudor period, the city of Leeds gained its popularity as industrial center manufacturing woolen fabrics. The introduction of the Leeds canal and the railways propelled the city’s growth during the eighteenth century.
- This article focuses on the famous tourist attraction in the city. If you want cheap Air Tickets, then Visits Delta Airlines Reservations sites save your time and money.
- Despite its industrialization and high standard of living, the city of Leeds still manages to retain the charm and allure of the English countryside. Some first-time visitors may find themselves reminiscing about their holidays in sunny Cape Verde booked in their luxurious Cape Verde hotels just off the shores of the western coast of Africa. Leeds makes up in tourist attractions what it doesn’t have much in terms of natural beauty. The city has a large number of museums, art galleries, colorful carnivals and festivals, and a bustling nightlife scene.
- Leeds Art Gallery: Leeds Art Gallery houses a world-class collection of twentieth-century British art and presents exciting short-term exhibitions. It is a magnificent place for all ages that offers exhibits, displays, learning programs, events, and activities to every one of its visitors. The gallery holds a wide range of collections ranging from French Post Impressionists’ and Victorian works to modern British artists’ exemplary creations. Most of the exhibitions and events conducted are free of charge to the visitors.
- Henry Moore Institute: Art Gallery situated at the famous Henry Moore Institute. It is well known for its award-winning exhibitions venue, research center, and sculpture archive. Henry Moore Institute is connected to Leeds Art Gallery by a walkway to move with ease between the two famous places.
- Harewood House: Harewood House remains the family home of the Lascelles family to date. It is one of the most attractive tourist spots in Leeds. The estate, which now runs under the Harewood house trust, is open to the public during most of the year. The venue houses an educational bird garden, adventure playground, and catering facilities, enabling the visitors to enjoy complete luxury.
- Temple Newsam: Temple Newsam is a Tudor-Jacobean manor with over 1,500 acres of land comprising parks, woods, and farmland. For a small fee, the public can enjoy the luxuries of the royal mansion, which has over four hundred animals of a rare breed. The Leeds City council holds parties, opera, and concerts during July. Occasional open-air theater performances, Vanity fairs, and dog shows held here to attract visitors.
- Royal Armories Museum: Royal Armories Museum of Leeds offers a lot of fun to the modern family. It houses a complete set of King Henry VIII’s armor. The falconry shows, horse shows, and the real jousting with knights in armor are exciting events that you can enjoy at the venue. The museum boasts of housing over 8,500 objects in its five-themed galleries. However, a few of the events charge a fee, and it is wise to book in advance to avoid the last-minute rush for the enticing events.
- Liverpool Tate: Located in Albert Dock, this art Gallery is home to the national collection of British artworks from 1500 and modern art from other parts of the world. First opened in 1988, this is one of the best contemporary art galleries in the UK. Admission to the artwork displays is free.
- Walker Art Gallery: The Walker Art Gallery hosts Liverpool’s handpicked compilations of fine art and decorative art for approximately the past 130 years. The gallery displays many internationally famous artworks of Degas and Rembrandt.
- Other Attractions: There are a few other attractions that make your visit to Leeds exciting and purposeful. These include The Corn Exchange, a famous shopping center in Leeds. The Victoria Quarter, which also is a premier shopping center located in Leeds. The Headrow Shopping Center is renowned for its most extensive sporting goods collection; Popular theaters, such as The West Yorkshire Playhouse and Northern Ballet Theatre; Exciting pubs like Tetley’s Brewery Wharf, Whitelocks, Salvo’s, and The Angel Inn and many more.
- Hotels and Accommodation: When it comes to accommodation, Leeds has a wide range to cater to visitors. You can find either economy class accommodation or Hi-fi restaurants that fit your taste and budget. Since the number of tourists has been increasing, it advised that you reserve your accommodation in advance for a cozy trip to Leeds.
- Transportation: Leeds being one of the most popular tourist destinations, has all kinds of transport facilities, including airplanes, railways, buses, cars, and the like. If you need local help, you can always look for travel agents that can arrange the best travel mode.